What is Apex’s goal?
We understand that managing a specialty condition and the medication used to treat it can be challenging and complex. Questions come up. Complications can arise. Answers are often hard to find. At Apex, we make it fast and easy to get the information and support you need when you need it most. Our service is consistent, comprehensive and compassionate. What makes us happy? Seeing our patients get well! We work with you and your doctor to make sure that you have access to the medication you need, and that you understand how to take it in order to get the best result.
Why did your doctor choose Apex?
There are many reasons why your doctor may have chosen to send your prescription to us. We work with our patients to achieve the best result by:
- Contacting your insurance to get your medication approved, so that your nurses and doctors can spend more time with you!
- Helping to make your medicine affordable
- Enrolling patients into our Patient Management Program :: P.E.A.K. (Partners for Efficacy through Adherence and Knowledge)
What is a Specialty Medication?
Any pharmacy can fill a prescription. It takes a unique combination of tools, training and expertise to fill a specialty medication and treat a patient. Specialty medication can be different from other medications in a few ways.
- Some specialty drugs require special handling (such as staying cold, but never frozen) that make it difficult for your local pharmacy to keep on the shelf.
- Many specialty drugs are very expensive and may require special permission from your insurance company.
- Often, patients who take specialty drugs need to be monitored more closely to make sure that they are improving, and that the drug is doing what it is meant to do.
How do I get my medicine?
Apex will try contacting you 7-10 days before you run out of medicine. When we call, we will verify your address and will talk to you about your medication cost to make sure it is affordable. After you say so, we will ship you your medication through FedEx and you should get it within two days. Depending on the medicine, you may need to sign for the delivery. If you want to know the status of your prescription, just call us! There is always someone here during business hours to help you.
What should I expect?
- Consistent, comprehensive and compassionate service
- To speak with a person – no phone trees or long wait times. Apex provides you immediate access to pharmacists, nurses, social workers and insurance experts
- Clinical support – our experts can help you manage side effects and answer questions about your medicine
- Financial support – Apex provides the most affordable option available – if it’s not us, we’ll find out who is and make it easy to transfer there
- Refill reminder calls to keep you adherent
- On-time scheduled deliveries to your specific location
- Many specialty drugs do not have substitutions available, but if yours does, Apex will discuss your options with you and work with you and your doctor for the best option to meet your needs
What if I experience side effects?
If the effect is life threatening, dial 911 immediately and relay information about the medication you are taking.
Give us a call to talk to our pharmacist(s) or nurse to describe side effects and answer any questions. Our phone number is 855.257.2584.
What if my medicine gets recalled?
Your safety is our highest priority. If one of our drugs is recalled, we will call every patient who was affected. We will work with you to dispose of the recalled drug. We will always do our best to get the medicine you need as quickly as possible.
What if I miss a dose?
If you forget or are unable to take your medicine for any reason, or if your shipment is delayed, call us as soon as you can (855.257.2584). We will help make sure that you get back on track so your treatment is as effective as possible.
How do I get my medicine in an emergency?
In case of an emergency or disaster, Apex will do everything we can to get you your medication. If your prescription will be delayed for more than 24 hours, Apex’s pharmacist will notify you and your doctor.
How do I dispose of my medication?
Call us for directions on safely disposing your specialty medication. Having expired or unused medication at your house could be dangerous to family members and pets. We will provide you with the best instructions to keep you, your household and the environment safe. Always follow the manufacturer’s guidelines when disposing of your medication.
How do I transfer my prescription?
If you want to transfer your prescription to Apex, just call your pharmacy and give them our contact information. They will call us and we will take it from there! If you need to transfer your prescription to a different pharmacy for any reason, give us a call and we will handle the rest. We promise to always make transferring a prescription quick and easy for you.
Questions or concerns? Contact us
We know that filling a Specialty Medication can be a long, confusing and expensive process. We’re here to help.
At Apex, we strive to make filling a Specialty Medication as simple and seamless as possible for both the patient and provider. If there’s anything we can do to assist you, please let us know.Send us a Message